Strategic Thinking & Planning
Thinking and planning are two different behaviors.
Thinking strategically and planning strategically are two different behaviors.
At some point in your organization’s evolution, strategic thinking and planning will play a role. It might be early in your organization’s history when how to enter the marketplace and raise your visibility and value is paramount. Or, it may be later in your organization’s history, when market and competitor realities are clearer and more impactful. Regardless of when you begin to strategically think and plan, you will need help in doing it effectively.Excellius Leadership Development works with its clients to help them think and plan more strategically. Take note that thinking strategically and planning strategically are two different behaviors. When you think strategically, every piece of information you see or hear may impact your organization. By thinking strategically, you are ensuring that very little information gets by. When you plan strategically, you are taking the information you have seen or heard and convert it into actionable next steps that allow you plan your future appropriately.There are a number of behaviors and tools that Excellius Leadership Development utilizes to help their clients think and plan more strategically.
The behaviors utilized by Excellius Leadership Development include:
- Asking great and thoughtful questions
- Observing the client’s organizational behavior
- Observing the client’s industry
- Being candid and impactful
The tools utilized by Excellius Leadership Development include:
- Offsite meetings with organizational leaders (once or multiple)
- The TWOS analysis, which is a switch on the SWOT analysis. In the TWOS analysis, we focus on threats, weaknesses, opportunities, and strengths – ending this analysis in an upbeat and positive way.
- Line of Sight© online strategic planning documentation tool
- Client and employee focus group meetings
- Strategic plan mapping for follow-up and status tracking (i.e., the stoplight system)